The Hairdressing Fast Track Diploma is a one year course which would suit you if you are looking for a career in the hairdressing industry, but requires a fast track scheme. You will gain an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing (VTCT) and Functional Skills.
The course includes:
- Advise and consult with clients
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and finish hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
The course is assessed in a variety of ways; observations of practical work for all the units, oral questioning, written tests and assignments.
The features and benefits of this course include:
- You will have the oppportunity to work in our commercial salon on a rota basis
- Visits to national shows
- Specialist manufacturer's demonstrations and competitions
GCSEs in English and Science at grade D or above
The course is extremely intensive and so a high level of commitment and enthusiasm is required
Students who have participated in the pre-16 programme at Loughborough College through their school will have their experience and qualifications gained taken into account when applying for these courses.
On completion of the Hairdressing Fast Track Diploma, you may have the opportunity to join full time employment or progress onto an NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing, or similar advanced courses.