About the role
Loughborough College work in partnership with a variety of Schools across Leicestershire to deliver our School Sports Apprenticeship Scheme. Apply now to be considered for one of these great positions that will be starting in July 2018.
As a School Sport Apprentice, you will need to be able to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a School Sport Apprentice. This position is for enthusiastic and energetic individuals looking to enter a career in sports coaching and/or teaching. All School Sport Apprentices will study towards the Level 3 Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport. For the first 6 weeks of the summer you will need to be able to attend a training course at Loughborough College.
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- Managing coursework set through studying the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport.
Requirements & Prospects
- A good time keeper
- Able to take instruction and willing to learn
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit
- Able to travel to work in their own transport
- Have previous experience of sports coaching
- Previous experience working with children
- A good team player
- Mature Attitude
- A minimum of level 2 in sports coaching/sports studies, or a relevant sports course.
- A minimum level 2 in English and Maths is desirable (e.g. GCSE)
- Higher Education
- Employment at the school
- Coaching in education
- Community sports coaching
- International sports coaching
You will be required to work with children, full time in schools.
You will need to be able to attend a six weeks training course at Loughborough College in the summer and 1 day a week during term time.