- Carrying out of routine tasks accurately.
- Accurate and timely recording of all information pertinent to the task being performed in the relevant Laboratory Worksheets / Notebooks.
- Following strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Clean glassware and equipment.
- Provide general lab support, maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Report results to operators and management.
- Maintain and clean equipment.
- Health and safety awareness.
- You will be expected to comply with company safety policies through proper handling of potentially hazardous material in the workplace.
- This position will also involve preparing, cleaning and maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments used in research experiments.
- Furthermore you will monitor inventory levels and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- You must have the ability to carry out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision.
Specific activities will include:
- Preparing amino acids as per standard operating procedures.
- Preparing amino acids as per method.
- Maintain fridge stock levels for amino acids.
- Load and retrieve samples from the FD.
- Maintaining paperwork in appropriate folders and updating the database.
- Accepting and checking deliveries and preparing waste for collection.
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment are clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist the Lab technician in retrieving solvents from solvent store.
- Spotting up samples for QC.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and Safety within the Laboratory.
- Undertake other tasks as specified to assist the group in meeting its technical and commercial objectives.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment after use and as per schedule in order to enable reliability of the lab and its instrumentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good practical ability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong literacy and numerical skills.
- Computer literate.