Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Account Handlers to provide highest standard service to customers.
- Assist with the processing of mid-term adjustments
- Assist with the invoicing of all premiums due.
- Assist with team Aged Debt, referring to Account Handlers as necessary.
- Assist Account Handlers to check all documentation (ie, policies and endorsements) for accuracy prior to sending to client.
- Assist Account Handlers to obtain quotations for any relevant new policies/renewals.
- Provide administrative assistance to team members, including post opening/sorting, filing, faxing, photocopying, binding documents and archiving files.
- Provide cover for reception duties when required.
- Be conversant with Company Procedures manual and the requirements of the FCA Standards and Rules and to implement and maintain procedures as stipulated.
- Assist Account Handlers to deal with any other client issues that may arise, referring to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside your own knowledge and experience.
- Carry out all duties and processes in accordance with the Rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) any other applicable Codes of Practice.
- Obey Company Rules and Regulations, based on the Berkeley Insurance Group, Contracts of Employment and any other communications from the Company Management.
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements and to avoid any actions or omissions, which could create an unhealthy or unsafe environment for self, colleagues, customers or visitors.
- Strictly adhere to all Group protocols in respect of use of technology and to avoid misuse of the systems.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in respect of all information arising from and in connection with the group and the Company.
- Concentrate on self-improvement both technically and by quality and maintain a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) log as provided.This will be fully supported by the Company and the Group.
- Be aware of others’ needs and strive to help colleagues improve their technical knowledge and quality of output.
- Undertake any other duties in keeping with the nature of the position.
- Be conversant with and adhere to the Company’s Complaints Procedures.
Knowledge Required to Learn
Basic knowledge of all classes of business offered by Berkeley Insurance Group with reference to appropriate experts when the cover falls outside your own experience, the insurance markets available, general insurance and underlying legal principals, all company specific procedures, the regulatory requirements of general insurance in operation at any time and FCA regulations and guidelines relating to Corporate customers.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) that are effective and meet business needs.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- IT skills commensurate with computer packages used.
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Learn and practice excellent negotiation skills.
About the employer
Berkeley Insurance Group Ltd
Berkeley Insurance Group provide insurance broking services and advice to clients throughout the UK, ranging from individual homeowners to major corporations. Unlike most large organisations, their owners remain closely and actively involved with clients and staff at all levels. This provides a unique culture and distinct advantages; especially when it comes to making things happen.