An exciting opportunity to join the Engineering Team of a World renowned and Market Leading tissue paper production company. As part of a highly skilled and committed team you will provide technical support to ensure quality products are produced.
PRIMARY JOB MISSION
- To provide a mechanical engineering service to the production units in terms of maintaining mechanical machines and site services to achieve minimal downtime and reduced engineering costs
- To foster safe working principles throughout the organisation and to highlight concerns or practices that contravenes safety. To report any accidents or unsafe practices to the Engineering Manager or his/her appointed deputy.
- To play an active part in the development of the organisation, to give opinions and offer advice to the best of your ability. To be flexible and motivated at all times and respond to requests of maintenance or operational duty as instructed by senior staff members.
- To be active in highlighting areas for planned maintenance as well as planning and execution of the works, to achieve minimum downtime and cost effective implementation
- To be aware of maintenance expenditure at component level and the need to reduce stock levels as applied to the assessment of component life by continuous monitoring.
- To be committed to reducing downtime and providing a quality engineering service to the production department.
- To establish good working relationships within and across departments and give assistance wherever possible to further the development of the organisation.
- To collect and complying information and data as requested by the Engineering Manager
- To be aware of technical issues within the department and within the industry
- To continually develop your skills and highlight areas where personal or organisational advancement can be made.
- To be a competent operator of all production machinery.
- To become fully competent on all size and product changes for all production machinery and to continually develop fault finding skills.
- To work multisite as and when required.
- To encourage and motivate trainee fitters and offer assistance and advice as required in terms of their development.
- To foster good housekeeping principles at all times.
- To instruct trainees and to check any works carried out by trainees under your control.
CRITERIA FOR MEASURING PERFORMANC
- Maintaining and working within a safe working environment.
- Ability to develop, and motivate and encourage trainee fitters.
- Evaluation of relationships and development of skills as perceived by yourself and supervisory staff.
- Ability and diversity to respond to breakdown across the range of machinery.
- Planned maintenance skills.
- Fault finding ability and operating under pressure.
- Demonstration of skill diversity.
- Your motivation, dedication and flexibility including commitment and achievement of primary Job Mission.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
- Not without prior agreement of the Engineering Manager or appointed deputy.
- Depart from objectives as laid down in the Primary Job Mission.
- Carry out activities that commit the company to expenditure.
- Leave a machine in an unsafe condition.
- Remove parts from any machine to be used in another for emergency reason or otherwise.
- Invite any salesperson or outside contractor onto site.
And at all times to
- Operate and work within company policy and the law relating to employment.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To be fully conversant with all safety requirements with respect to guards and master switches as well as the need for protective clothing, equipment and hearing protection.
- To be aware of personal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 towards others and ones self.
Requirements and prospects
• Problem solving
• Good communicator
• Customer service
• Interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
Ability to work on own initiative
Passion for engineering
About the employer
Sofidel Uk Ltd
Sofidel Group was founded in 1966 and is now one of the world leaders in the tissue paper production market for hygienic and domestic use: toilet paper, napkins, kitchen paper, handkerchiefs and tissues) Its best known brand, available in several countries, is Regina, which stands alongside other prestigious brands. From its headquarters in Porcari (Lucca), Sofidel coordinates the activities of 17 companies throughout Europe and the United States, which produce more than one million tonnes of paper each year and provide more than 5500 people with employment. The Groups daily business includes the creation of value based on a profound sense of respect for the world we live in. Because for Sofidel corporate social responsibility is an essential tool for promoting long-lasting and respectful development of environmental equilibrium and people's needs, today and in the future.