Our surgery prides itself in offering excellent care and services for our patients.
As a member of our team you will be responsible for:
- Answering the telephones, book in patients and visitors in line with practice procedures.
- Respond and/or redirect patient and visitors request accordingly.
- Update patient information on a computerised system.
- Book and amend patient appointments.
- Set up new patients on a computerised system.
- Print and distribute prescriptions.
- Maintenance of computerised and manual filing system (i.e. patient notes).
- Provide administrative support to members of the primary health care team in the following areas ensuring appropriate Practice records are kept up to date.
- Pathology results
- Immunisation recalls (excluding childhood immunisations)
- Summarising patient records
- Scanning of hospital information
- Using ‘Choose and Book’
- Patient Referral Letters
- Patient registration and GP2GP service
- Repeat prescriptions and dispensary
- Appointment scheduler and sessions and associated rotas
- Any other roles and duties to enable all round development within a business administration role.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a wide range of people.
- Be able to work effectively as a team member
- Possess sound planning and organisational skills
- Be able to work flexibly