Lyndhurst Lodge Residential Home is looking for an Level 2 Adult Care Worker to work in their small and friendly home in the market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Duties include:
- To act as a key worker for a number of service users
- Responding to call bells promptly and professionally
- To report and accident or unexplained injury immediately to the Senior in charge
- To assist the service user in rehabilitation activities under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager and Multi-Disciplinary professionals from outside organisations
- To ensure the service users have any aids e.g. – Dentures, Hearing Aids, Spectacles etc.. fitted, cleaned and in working order
- To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises particularly dining areas after meals, and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately.
- Pay due respect to service user’s possessions
- To be resourceful in the use of supplies
- To assist in the service users personal care (dependent upon age)
Requirements and prospects
Previous experience of working in a care setting.
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety at Work Act
- Basic understanding of Infection Control
About the employer
Lyndhurst Lodge Residential Home Ltd. is a warm, friendly and comfortable care home in Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire. Our aim is to ensure that all users retain their independence wherever possible, and that they remain positive, comfortable and dignified within the security of residential care.