By joining our "Precisioneering Group" means that you will be assisting in planning and implementing down to the last detail. You will be helping in keeping the customer benefit in sharp focus and delivering maximum value for them.
Duties will include:
- Install, service and repair all Woodworking machinery within the HOMAG Group
- Identify and correct any electrical and mechanical issues on site, eg. Servo controlled drives and motors, Inverter drives, PLC diagnostic, bearings, chains, sprockets, ball screws to list a few
- Working with 415v, 230v and 24v controls, Ethercat, Profinet, Profibus and Ethernet
- Liaising with customers on site on correct operation and maintenance of Homag machinery
- Provide telephone support to customers and HOMAG UK personnel on diagnosing problems on equipment
- Assist customer to achieve optimum efficiency and machine reliability
- Other duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- Mechanical, electrical/electronic (50/50) experience and Training would be desirable
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, Word and Windows O/S
- Excellent communication skills and ability to problem solve
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a Team
- Driving licence essential due to nature of the role
- Able to problem solve
- Attention to detail
About the employer
Homag (UK) Ltd
With a global market share of over 30% and some 6,500 employees, we develop wood processing solutions around the world. We manufacture machines for furniture and component production and timber work at 14 locations.
With a presence in over 100 countries and an extensive distribution network offering highly innovative solutions, as demonstrated by over 1300 active patents.