Duties will include:
- Assist with providing technical support to the manufacturing department on a day to day basis
- Help with developing manufacturing processes for new products, including setting up and operating machines, cleaning, testing and inspection of products
- Provide support with updating manufacturing specifications, testing and injection moulding programs to ensure safe and efficient production methods are released for the manufacture of the parts to meet quality standards
- Learn the manufacturing processes for new sample and prototype products , using the information gathered from engineering drawings, PSN paperwork and costing department
- Develop the skills to be able to recommend manufacturing methods, as well as Identifying and developing new manufacturing processes and/or equipment
- Learn the process for Investigating plant technical problems and providing troubleshooting expertise and training
- As part of your training you will occasionally accompany Senior Engineers on visits to customers and some foreign travel may be required
Requirements and prospects
- Logical, analytical
- Proactive, responsive, autonomous, team worker
- Capable of original thought with a desire to challenge established thought processes and systems
- Have an interest in Engineering and problem solving
- Not afraid of hard work
- Possess a hunger to learn new skills and develop as an individual
- Willing to have a practical approach to problem solving
About the employer
Trelleborg Industrial A V S
The Head Office and main manufacturing facility of 13,000 sq. metres is situated on a green field site at Bursom Industrial Park, on the northern fringes of Leicester.
The rubber compound manufacturing area is served by one of the most modern raw materials handling plants in Europe. The computer controlled manufacturing facilities are supplemented by technical laboratories equipped for material testing, product evaluation and research and development.
Experienced product design and production engineering staff provide the expertise required for the development of new products from concept design to full production.
Trelleborg’s rubber-to-metal bonded components are used in every branch of engineering science, particularly in the rail, marine, industrial and off-highway markets.