The role will require the individual to participate in various areas of practical and theoretical electrical and electronic engineering training; combined with company specific training given in the workplace. This will include completion of a Level 3 technical certificate, leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
As an apprentice your duties will include:
- Wiring and test of a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment.
- This will involve using a range of power and hand tools
- Test and measure instruments
- Candidates will learn and be expected to apply safe working practices for the manufacture, repair and test of equipment
Candidates will gain solid foundation within a professional team environment and have opportunity to learn from professional and friendly individuals, both at College and in the workplace.
Whilst academic ability plays a part, we care as much about your attitude and desire to be part of our future at Cavendish Nuclear and we want to see evidence that you're genuinely interested in and enthusiastic about developing a career in hands-on engineering.
Work based at Whetstone, Leicester (with opportunities to work and gain experience elsewhere).
Requirements and prospects
- Be hard working
- Be prepared to learn and take direction
- Be resilient
- Be a team player - an individual who thrives on working in a team environment, whilst taking responsibility for delivering their own part
- Reliable, with good time keeping
- Eager to learn, with a passion for practical engineering
About the employer
CAVENDISH NUCLEAR LIMITED
Cavendish Nuclear, the UK’s largest Civil Nuclear services company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of a global support services business listed on the FTSE250 in London.
With over 5 decades of unrivalled expertise and experience, we are now the country’s largest supplier of civil nuclear engineering services, encompassing the full nuclear life-cycle. We deliver truly unique global engineering solutions for our wide ranging customer base and are increasingly shaping the future of the nuclear renaissance in the UK.
With 6,000 employees at over 30 sites we are proud of our reputation and consistent success as in the dynamic civil nuclear market place.