Day to day duties wil include:
- Assisting with the Time Standard System (Payroll Clocking System)
- Assisting with the preparation of the weekly payroll
- Maintaining holiday records on the HR system
- Assist with the preparing and submitting the monthly Intrastat data
- Assisting with Credit Control duties to include cash posting and customer queries
- Assisting Purchase Ledger with inputting invoices, supplier statement reconciliations and payment runs
- Preparing intercompany recharge invoices
- Processing of monthly journals
- Assisting the preparation of daily cash book and monthly bank reconciliations
- Assisting the preparation and delivery of the monthly management pack
- Assisting the preparation of management accounts and involvement in the year end process
- Various administrative duties as required
The duties and responsibilities of this role may vary from day to day but will provide a broad range of exposure to all aspects of the finance department. Where tasks are identified as assisting, you would be able to undertake these tasks to a level of being able to provide cover for holidays for example.
The role would ideally suit someone who is currently studying or looking to undertake a financial qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- You must have experience of using Microsoft Office, specifically excellent Excel skills and have the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Experience of working in an accounting office would be a distinct advantage
- Good time management
- Good communication skills
About the employer
Harlow Bros Ltd
A family owned business, Harlow have over 90 years' experience in Timber, Engineered Timber, Manufactured Buildings and more. From manufacture to merchanting, Harlow have the expertise to advise, supply or support you in any project or build.
Harlow Timber (Harlow’s Timber Sales and Merchant Brand) has branches in Burton-upon-Trent, Coalville, Derby, Hinckley, Kidderminster, Long Whatton, Leicester and Nottingham, stocking a wide range of Timber and Timber related products.
Open to Trade and Public alike, our Branches carry ranges of Timber, Sheet Materials, Engineered Timber, Windows, Doors and Worktops, as well as an extensive section of Tools and Accessories. Our experienced staff are always on hand to advise and aid you with any project or goal.