Duties will involve:
- Understand and provide consistency of care and activities for children
- Recognise both individual and group requirements
- Follow the EYFS framework to plan a range of activities both inside and outside the nursery, reflect and evaluate the overall outcome
- Observe, monitor and assess both individuals and groups of children within the nursery’s key person system, providing accurate and up-to-date records
- Work in partnership with parents and carers and encourage their involvement in the setting
- Understand child protection issues and follow the safeguarding policy
- Prepare and serve food and drink to the children in accordance with their dietary requirements, encourage healthy eating and promote positive social skills during mealtimes
- Ensure children’s personal care needs are met, encouraging them, where appropriate, to be independent
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the nursery
- Participate in the nursery’s free flow system
- Display exemplary practice and conduct at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in a childcare setting is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of working with children of different abilities
About the employer
Jayne Sarah Butler & Helen Telford
Castle View Day Nursery is a children’s day nursery situated in Mountsorrel. We firmly believe that each and every child is unique and during their time with us they will be provided with opportunities and experiences that will foster their natural curiosity to discover and learn.
We take children from 6 weeks to 5 years. We provide a blend of healthy, balanced and nutritious meals, combined with physical exercise to support growth and emotional well-being. And for ease and peace of mind, all milk and nappies are provided.
We provide full disabled access and facilities.