Overall Role Objective:
The post holder will have responsibility for maintaining the analytical laboratories and ancillary areas in good order. The post holder will be expected to develop a working understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices applicable to the laboratory, basic laboratory practices and how basic laboratory equipment functions.
Once the necessary basic understanding has been developed the post holder supported by college will progress to carrying out other laboratory duties such as:
- Instrument calibration
- Materials sampling
- Raw materials testing and completion of laboratory documentation
The post holder will ensure that tasks assigned to them are completed on time and to the necessary quality. The post holder is required to attend the external college course at the agreed frequency and ensure that all college assignments are completed on time and in full.
Job Specific responsibilities:-
The post holder will:
- Maintain the pharmaceutical environment within the laboratory in line with internal procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain the laboratory equipment according to internal procedures and conduct additional maintenance as required
- Monitor the stock levels of laboratory consumables and re-order appropriate quantities as required
- Provide support to Analysts and Senior Analysts as required by assisting in the conduction of physical tests and incoming inspection of materials
- Perform sampling of packing materials, raw materials and manufactured product
- Accurately record and report to a high standard the completion of tests according to Pharmacopoeial/GMP standards
- Assist in maintaining the documentation systems of the laboratory
- To perform any other duties deemed appropriate by their Manager
Requirements and prospects
- A desire to undertake a career in Science
- Proven ability to adopt a methodical approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
- Willing to learn and apply new skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Practical problem solving skills
- Proficiency in use of basic IT applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience in the use of basic scientific equipment such as that present in classrooms while studying GCSE
- Hard working
- Confident speaking to a wide range of people
About the employer
ALMAC GROUP LIMITED
A unique culture delivering exceptional solutions.
The Almac Group is an established contract development and manufacturing organisation providing an extensive range of integrated services across the drug development lifecycle to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors globally.
Our innovative services range from R&D, biomarker discovery development and commercialisation, API manufacture, formulation development, clinical trial supply, IRT (IVRS/IWRS) through to commercial-scale manufacture.
The international company is a privately owned organisation that has grown organically over the past five decades now employing over 5,000 highly skilled personnel across 17 facilities including Europe, the US and Asia.
We have a global reputation for excellence built over 50 years of client service, delivering expertise right across the drug development lifecycle and offering a tailored solution to each of our clients.
Our Charnwood facility is 220,000 ft2 and dedicated to the development, production and testing of solid oral dose pharmaceuticals. The facility was approved by the MHRA in 2017 and started producing clinical pharmaceuticals in 2018.