Apprentice Generator & UPS Service Engineer – the role initially will be to learn how to maintain and to carry out basic fault-finding. This is very much a practical approach and will involve a majority of time working on our customer’s site, with training also at our work premises with some attendance to college.
The role involves a lot of travelling to customer locations and some working away from home. As the equipment we maintain is back up power our access to servicing can involve a lot of out of hours working.
As the role advances a more in-depth training approach will be adopted where you will be introduced to using technical testing equipment and learn more complex fault diagnostic skills.
Installation and commissioning would also become part of this role and training would advance to this level towards the end of the apprenticeship.
Other learning opportunities would be available to Mitchellwest employees to further enhance their skill levels, such as welding, fabrications and basic electrical skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn how to fault find
- Learn how to install UPS and Generators
- Learn how to maintain UPS and Generators
- Learn various testing and monitoring processes
- Work with experienced Engineers
- Visit Customers - on and off site working
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Not afraid to ask questions
- A keen interest in Engineering
- Must be able to demonstrate your enthusiasm for working within Engineering
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as being self-motivated
- Ability to work with others
- Sense of reliability
- Keen to progress.
- Conscientious work method
- Hunger to learn new skills
About the employer
Mitchellwest Group Ltd
Diesel Generator & UPS Sales Mitchellwest offer a complete turnkey package, our ability to present an un-biased product selection ensures that the customer is offered the best suited product for their application.