The commercial half of the role will contribute to the challenging and demanding cases growth curve. Involving an analytical and meticulous approach, it will suit someone who is comfortable with numbers and willing to learn and adapt based on business requirement and market conditions. Despatch administration requires an equally important attention to detail, combined with an exception level of customer service, maximising load fill and adherence to deliveries On Time In Full. Important skills for the role include effective communication, organisation, problem solving and an understanding of Microsoft Excel.
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and measuring samples to order conversion rate and using proactive
- Communication to enable sample feedback
- Optimise OTIF with customer expectation
- Liaison with the transport haulier for effective transport planning of 40-60 loads per day
- Creating quotations for cases based on margin and contribution requirement
- Develop relationships with customers to obtain quote feedback and convert to orders
- Have a desire to increase case and board sales
- Work with Customer Service to win specs back and improve customer spend
- Assess and present order intake data to advise lead time for case makers
- Present monthly reports to senior management
- Covering Cases24 Business Development role/Transport Administrator while absent
Requirements and prospects
- Good English and mathematics skills
- Working knowledge of popular IT packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalents
- Driven by success
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative and confident personality
About the employer
Board 24 Ltd
Board24 manufacture corrugated sheetboard which is supplied palletised.
We work closely with the sheet plant industry: you can keep your deadlines because we keep our promises.
Our management team has an underlying experience of sheet plants and a deep understanding of your particular needs. So we know how important it is to be highly flexible and to keep our promises.
An environmentally friendly company, all our corrugated board is 100% recyclable and 100% biodegradable, and is made from 90% recycled or recovered paper. Our craftier is from managed softwood forests that are certified as sustainable.