As a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice, you will need to be able to plan and deliver coaching sessions.
You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students.
Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship:
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- Managing coursework set through studying the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
Apprentices will also be expected to help with breakfast/lunch and after school clubs.
Any offer of Apprenticeship will be subject to full DBS check and satisfactory references.
Requirements and prospects
You will already have the following set of skills:
- A good time keeper
- Able to take instruction and willing to learn
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit
- Able to travel to work in their own transport
- Have previous experience of sports coaching
- Previous experience working with children
- Motivated and self-driven
- Flexible & adaptable
- A confident swimmer
- Have a good knowledge of football rules
- A good team player
- Mature attitude
- Supportive of the Catholic Ethos
About the employer
St Winefrides Catholic Primary School
St Winefrides is a happy and caring community, striving to achieve excellence in everything we do. We are proud of our long tradition of educating both Catholic and non-Catholic children of Shepshed and surrounding areas since 1846. We welcome all children and aim to give each child the opportunity to develop academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually in the way we pray, work, play and learn each day.