As a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice, you will need to be able to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- Managing coursework set through studying the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
Requirements and prospects
You will already have the following set of skills:
- A good time keeper
- Able to take instruction and willing to learn
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit
- Able to travel to work in their own transport
- Have previous experience of sports coaching
- Previous experience working with children
- Motivated and self-driven
- Flexible & adaptable
- A confident swimmer (preferably with a Lifesaving Qualification)
- Have a good knowledge of football rules
- A good team player
About the employer
Newcroft County Primary
Newcroft Primary School is rated Outstanding by Ofstead, and has excellent facilities, situated within 1 mile of Junction 23 and only 5 miles from Loughborough College.
Currently, the school have 343 pupils aged between 4-11 years old.
The School is part of Symphony Learning Trust.