As a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice, you will need to be able to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- Managing coursework set through studying the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport.
Any offer of an apprenticeship is subject to full DBS and satisfactory references.
Requirements and prospects
You will already have the following set of skills:
- A good time keeper
- Able to take instruction and willing to learn
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit
- Able to travel to work in their own transport
- Have previous experience of sports coaching
- Previous experience working with children
- Motivated and self-driven
- Flexible & adaptable
- A confident swimmer
- Have a good knowledge of football rules
- A good team player
- Mature Attitude
About the employer
St Michael & All Angels C Of E School
St Michael and All Angels School was established in 1872 by the Parish of Rearsby and its links with the Church continue through control by the Leicester Diocesan Education Board and through the appointment of clergymen and lay-people of the Church to the Board of Governors.
Our School has a set of Christian Values that run through the heart of everything we do. These are; Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-Control, Honesty, Thankfulness, Courage, Justice, Friendship and Forgiveness.