Harlow Bros are offering an exciting Customer Service Apprenticeship opportunity based at our branch in Long Whatton. This is a position which offers genuine career progression within the ever-expanding Harlow Group. There will be extensive on-the-job training provided, coupled with any external training as required.
The duties for this role will entail an interesting, broad spectrum of duties, including:
- Trade counter duties – serving customers proficiently and accurately
- Answering telephone calls and enquiries
- Sales replenishment
- Creating quotes
- Learning the in-house computer system
- Supporting in ensuring the sales showroom and yard are maintained to the highest standards at all times
- Supporting with yard duties - manual handling and lifting
- Upkeep of the shop and general house keeping
In addition, the position offers the opportunity to learn about our products, our customers and improving our customer offering!
The successful candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in order to liaise with customers, colleagues and other parties as required. The Long Whatton branch is a very fast paced store with demanding customers, so the successful candidate can expect to be kept busy!
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Personable and hardworking
- Presentable and articulate
- A good level of maths
- Proficient in I.T. Skills
- Confident communication skills
- Communication skills
About the employer
Harlow Bros Ltd
A family owned business, Harlow have over 90 years' experience in Timber, Engineered Timber, Manufactured Buildings and more. From manufacture to merchanting, Harlow have the expertise to advise, supply or support you in any project or build.
Harlow Timber (Harlow’s Timber Sales and Merchant Brand) has branches in Burton-upon-Trent, Coalville, Derby, Hinckley, Kidderminster, Long Whatton, Leicester and Nottingham, stocking a wide range of Timber and Timber related products.
Open to Trade and Public alike, our Branches carry ranges of Timber, Sheet Materials, Engineered Timber, Windows, Doors and Worktops, as well as an extensive section of Tools and Accessories. Our experienced staff are always on hand to advise and aid you with any project or goal.