On a day to day basis you will be working as part of a team producing excellent quality fabricated and welded components for the use in structural and other fabricated steelwork.
You will learn all relevant aspects of fabrication and welding to produce fabricated steel items and products to customer specifications and order requirements.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Learning the importance of working safely and the correct safe use of PPE equipment and safe working practices within a workshop environment
- Learn how to read and follow fabrication drawings to works order
- Learning the process for setting out the components to be marked for drilling, cutting, welding or bending
- Learn and use cutting machinery
- Learn how to calculate and use dimensionally measurements and checks for welding and fabrication
- Learn how to prepare and set up a welding equipment and tools and maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Weld together steel components
- Learn about and use welding equipment
- Prepare and use the equipment for bolting connections or tack welding component parts
- Work to procedures and standards to achieve quality work to meet recognised Welding coded standards and customer specification
Requirements and prospects
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good communication skill
- Good organisation skills and time management
- You should have a genuine interest in learning Fabrication and Welding
- Training is a minimum 3 year programme so dedication is a must have
- Have a desire to learn and the ability to grasp new concepts
- Have the ability to work within a team
About the employer
Adey Steel Ltd
Adey Steel Group is a leading steel fabrication and processing specialists in the UK. For over 90 years we have applied our expertise into the construction, engineering and infrastructure sectors. Built from four individual companies we are founded on strong values, dedicated to engineering excellence and hold outstanding customer service at our core.