To offer support to the Technical Services team. Gain knowledge in regards to brick manufacture, product specification and the technical properties of Ibstocks product range allowing advice to be offered to a range of people including internal and external customers. Linking this knowledge directly with hands on experience working within the laboratory carrying out routine testing of both raw materials and fired products in accordance with appropriate standards and test methods.
- Physical testing of fired products
- Preparation of raw materials in readiness of testing
- Raw material sample making
- Instrumental chemical analysis testing
- General laboratory work as determined by the management team
Customer Technical Services:
- Answering basic technical calls/fielding calls to appropriate people
- Aid with managing the technical inbox - following enquires up with suitable responses including issuing product data sheets, environmental credentials, technical information sheets etc.
- Liaising directly with the Lab to manage product data and testing results, updating the technical database as required
- Overseeing the product development process, including administrative duties
- General admin duties including assisting with generating monthly reports, processing invoices, updating manuals etc.
- Assisting with complaint inputting when needed and generating serious complaint reports when required
- Being involved with projects issued to department
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work efficiently and pro-actively with high levels of organisation
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- High standard of numeracy, literacy and accuracy
- Health & safety awareness
- Experience using computer programmes and systems such as Excel
- Willing attitude with a desire to learn and develop
- A logical and methodical approach to work
- The ability to work unsupervised and adhere to deadlines
About the employer
Ibstock Brick Limited
Ibstock Brick is the UK’s No.1 manufacturer of clay facing bricks, with 20 factories across the UK and a commitment to building sustainability and continuous improvement throughout our business.