The role of IT Apprentice will involve working across a number of different areas including:
- Help desk support
- Monitoring, diagnosing, repairing and recording breakdowns
- Maintaining accurate records
- Carrying out routine maintenance work
- Salary £7,529 per annum in the first year (£3.90 per hour – National Minimum Wage for Apprentices) – rising in the second year to age related National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage (currently £4.35 to £8.31 per hour dependent on age)
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- 32 days’ annual leave per year including public holidays
Start date - as soon as possible.
For an informal chat please contact Bobby Wallace, Group IT Manager on (01664) 504802.
All roles are subject to full pre-employment safeguarding checks, including an Enhanced DBS with Barred List check.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Problem solving skills
- High level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Along with a good level of IT skills including Microsoft Office software, you will be able to manage your own workload and respond swiftly to tight deadlines
- A team player
- Be able to use your own initiative
About the employer
MOWBRAY EDUCATION TRUST LIMITED
The Mowbray Education Trust (MET) is a multi-academy trust currently educating around 2,500 children from the age of 2 to 16 in the town of Melton Mowbray and surrounding villages in the Borough of Melton. The MET currently has one secondary school, five primary schools and one preschool; with potential numerical and geographical growth in the future.
Melton Mowbray is a rural market town in Leicestershire which is easily commutable from Grantham, Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham and Oakham.
The MET has a central support services team, with staff managing Estates, Finance, HR, IT and Operations, across our schools. The central team are based at offices within John Ferneley College in Melton Mowbray.