As a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice, you will need to be able to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will also be required to:
- Support the Teacher in the delivery of PE lessons
- Lead in PE lessons under the supervision of the Teacher when appropriate
- Arrange and lead break and lunchtime activities
- Lead out of school clubs as required
- Support with clerical and lesson preparation
- Act as Team Manager for various school teams including football
- Assist with swimming lessons
- Update the social media as require with school performance through the correct guidelines
- Support in the classroom as required
Any offer of Apprenticeship will be subject to full DBS and satisfactory references.
Requirements and prospects
You will already have the following set of skills:
- Good time keeping
- Able to take instruction and willing to learn
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit
- Able to travel to work in own transport
- Have previous experience of sports coaching
- Flexible & adaptable
- A confident swimmer
- A good team player
About the employer
Hallbrook Primary School
Hallbrook Primary School is based in Broughton Astley and is part of Success Academy Trust.
We are proud to work in a school that celebrates every child’s talents and abilities. We have a highly dedicated school team that is committed to the safety and care of our pupils, developing each child’s knowledge, skills and understanding. We aim to provide the highest quality education for all in a caring, supportive, inclusive and vibrant learning environment.
At Hallbrook, you will find that we offer an exciting curriculum where teachers and pupils work together to ensure the highest quality teaching and learning opportunities that enable all pupils to flourish and achieve their very best. We recognise that every child deserves to fulfil their potential as successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens
We pride ourselves on providing a warm and friendly environment with a family feel where children, parents and staff feel they are welcomes and listened to. We look forward to working with you to ensure that your time at Hallbrook is a happy and rewarding experience, packed full of memorable moments.
Success Academy Trust and its Academies offer a wide range of benefits for our employees which have been recognised by local education professionals which include:
- Opportunities to engage in furthering the Academy and Trusts priorities
- Benefit from supportive relationships with colleagues and managers
- Opportunities to further your career
- Opportunities for continuous CPD
- Opportunities to take part in sporting activities
- Opportunities for social interaction between colleagues
- Our annual stress buster week
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Access to occupation health and well-being services