You will be expected to learn the procedures and techniques required by working with and observing the experienced Machinists. This will be provided by on the job training by an experienced mentor and day release to Loughborough College.
Working within the Machine Shop you will be required to
- Read and understand engineering drawings.
- Use various hand and power tools.
- Become familiar with the use of a variety of measuring equipment, micrometers etc.
- De-burr/polish finished parts.
- Maintain the machine shop and machines as required.
You will be expected to become proficient in the following.
- Manual Drilling/Tapping
- Manual Milling.
- Manual Turning.
- Setting and operation of various CNC Machines
Requirements and prospects
- IT Literate
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail/able to follow instructions
- Desire to succeed and do a good quality job
About the employer
Quarry Manufacturing & Supplies Ltd
QMS are OEM manufacturers of Cone Crushers, suppliers of spare and wear parts for the worldwide quarrying industry, and maintenance experts for crushing plant throughout the UK. We are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of manganese wear parts and internal high quality crusher spares. We are experts in the repair and maintenance of all makes of crushing equipment.