As a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice, you will need to be able to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- Managing coursework set through studying the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
Any offer of Apprenticeship is subject to full DBS and satisfactory references.
Requirements and prospects
You will already have the following set of skills:
- Effective team player
- Effective communicator
- A good time keeper
- Able to take instruction and willing to learn
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit
- Able to travel to work in their own transport
- Have previous experience of sports coaching
- Previous experience of working with children
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to use own initiative
- A confident swimmer
- An understanding of working in a multicultural setting
- Mature Attitude
About the employer
Evington Valley Primary School
We are very proud of our school. Evington Valley is a happy, lively and caring place, where each child's uniqueness is cherished and where they are encouraged to learn in an enriched, stimulating and caring environment whilst using an appropriate, broad and challenging curriculum for all children. Evington Valley aims to establish an effective learning partnership between staff, pupils, parents and the community by using motivational teaching and interactive learning.
Evington Valley is a friendly and thriving multi-cultural primary school, catering for children between three and eleven years of age. Our school population reflects the rich and diverse cultures living in Leicester and is situated near to the centre of the city in a busy shopping area, close to a mosque and commercial/industrial units.
We consider ourselves to be a caring school in which the pupils are treated as individuals and pupils of all races, cultures and abilities are fully included. The school actively respects and celebrates the heritage of its families and provides a broad and balanced curriculum that is inclusive of all pupils and reflects the society we live in.