As a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice, you will need to be able to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- Managing coursework set through studying the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
Any offer of Apprenticeship is submit to full DBS and satisfactory references.
Requirements and prospects
You will already have the following set of skills:
- A good time keeper
- Able to take instruction and willing to learn
- Safety conscious
- Physically fit
- Able to travel to work in their own transport
- Have previous experience of sports coaching
- Previous experience working with children
- Motivated and self-driven
- Flexible & adaptable
- A confident swimmer
- Good maths skills
- Knowledge of SEN
- A good team player
- Mature Attitude
About the employer
Orchard C Of E Primary School
We are a rural primary school in Broughton Astley, Leicestershire with around 200 amazing pupils who are well behaved, thoughtful and work really hard.
Our staff are extremely hard working and caring. We are concerned, not only for the children’s educational progress, but for their health and welfare; and we aim to give them as many opportunities in the wider curriculum as possible. All staff work to create a happy, caring environment where all children enjoy coming to school. Along with very supportive parents and governors we aim to give children at Orchard the best possible start to their educational journey and their primary school experience as a whole. Orchard is a busy but friendly school, with a variety of activities and events going on throughout the year.