Possible Start Date:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with a 30min break (37.5hrs/week).
Business and administration
M-EC is offering an enthusiastic and friendly candidate a fantastic opportunity to join our admin team. The M-EC apprenticeship scheme, which has been running for over ten years, has been the starting point for many careers, offering an opportunity to gain the skills, knowledge and qualifications required to build and excel in their career.
- Administration Apprentice in Leicester office, working with all technical teams.
- Assisting to achieve continuous efficiency and quality improvements within the Leicester office.
- Project administration including client liaison and reporting, coordination of technical work, budgeting and invoicing;
- Submission of designs for third party approvals and pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies, to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets;
- Liaison and co-operative working with all staff and colleagues in other offices;
- General company administration support, including receptionist duties;
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events.
- Preparation of correspondence and reports, printing, scanning and documenting.
- Submissions to clients, and applications to statutory authorities and other third parties. Completion of forms, co-ordination of supporting documentation and design information. Pursue timely responses and approvals, maintain full progress records and provide weekly updates to colleagues and clients.
- Pro-active communication with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Building Control, NHBC, Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Environment Agency, Statutory Undertakers etc.
- Internal administrative processes for client, supplier and project management, printing, staff personal expense claims.
- Company performance reports for Directors and other senior staff.
- Preparation of and issue of sales invoices.
- Diary and calendar organisation.
- Purchasing of products and services required by the company.
- Taking telephone messages and monitoring responses to ensure calls are returned promptly.
- Ensure the office is kept neat and tidy and that all staff maintain their working areas.
- Undertake any other duties required by the company for which you are skilled and able to undertake to ensure the smooth running of the business.
DESIRED SKILLS & PERSONAL Qualities:
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Team working
M-EC Development Technical Consultants
M-EC provides multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy services for both private and public sector projects including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare. Our core capabilities are: infrastructure design, flood risk and hydrology, transportation and highways, noise, air quality, vibration and odour, structural engineering, geo-environmental, geomatics, utilities and lighting
Friday 30th, June 2023APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP