Reporting to the PA to the Directors, this is an entry level role for candidates interested in embarking on a career as a Personal Assistant at a senior level, supporting both the PA and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
This role will provide a professional and efficient support service to the PA and the Senior Leadership Team, including but not limited to the daily diary co-ordination, internal and external communication across the businesses and booking UK and overseas travel. You will be enthusiastic, reliable, capable of learning new skills and have the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information in a professional and secure manner, in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide a professional and efficient support to the PA and attend meetings when required
- Provide a professional and efficient support to the Senior Leadership Team
- A confident telephone manner as you will be handling and fielding internal and external calls
- Be able to respond to internal and external email enquiries in a timely manner
- Arrange travel and accommodation in the UK and abroad (also ensuring visa applications are completed when necessary)
Assist with the preparation of letters, presentations, announcements and communications for the PA and Senior Leadership team:
- Liaising with members of the Senior Leadership team, Group PAs, customers and employees
- Meeting and greeting customers to site and arranging refreshments
- Booking meeting rooms and arranging refreshments/lunches as required
- Ensure meeting rooms onsite are kept clean and tidy and stationery is available i.e. flip charts/pens
- Assist with projects as and when required
- Manage the time and attendance system for employees
- Record sickness and absence for employees
- Scanning, photocopying and binding of documents
- Raise purchase orders as and when required
- Order stationery as required and maintain stock levels
- Reception cover to include answering the switchboard, meeting and greeting visitors, managing the signing in of contractors, setting up of the board room with refreshments for meetings and monitoring board room supplies, distribution of incoming mail, franking of outgoing mail, directing emails as required
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required in line with the role
- Ablility to liaise and communicate effectively with people at all levels including Directors and Group PAs
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ablility to work under pressure and adapt to and organise changing priorities
- Good computer literacy, with intermediate skills of working with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Preferably have previous experience of undertaking clerical or administrative tasks
- Previous work experience in a customer facing role
- Ablility to demonstrate great customer service skills and have a good telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail and an organised approach to work
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Ensure a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality at all times
- Conscientious, self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and resourceful
- Commitment to successfully complete the apprenticeship
- Professional and confident manner when dealing with customers/contractors/visitors
Loughborough based organisation within the Civil engineering industry.
Polypipe has always challenged convention by exploring new ways to meet the needs of the construction industry. Chief among them has been the development of plastic piping systems to replace traditional concrete and clay materials with solutions that are lighter, tougher and more flexible - making them ultimately more sustainable.
Our priority is always to provide the industry with robust solutions that meet the demanding performance criteria of today’s Civils and Infrastructure projects.
To achieve that, we invest heavily in research and new production technology that allows us to pursue high quality standards, more precise performance specifications and even greater reliability - all the while working hand in hand with regulatory authorities to ensure our products meet key standards for surface water drainage across a complete range of applications. The result is a product portfolio of over 20,000 lines, and an appetite for innovation that remains as strong as ever.
Monday 31st, January 2022APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP