Are you looking for a career in IT? We are currently looking for an Apprentice IT Support Technician, who possesses a genuine interest in all things IT related, and who would be committed to providing the highest level of customer service to join the UKBITS team.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. 30-minute lunch break.
UKBITS Ltd is a well-established and professional IT Support company based in Ashby de la Zouch. We provide IT Support to contract customers across the East Midlands, and pride ourselves on always going the extra mile for our clients. We are looking for an individual who possesses a genuine interest in all things IT related, and who would be committed to providing the highest level of customer service.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician you will take on an Information Communications Technician Level 3 (A level) qualification and learn about the main areas of IT Support by being directly involved in all aspects of help desk support, both remotely and in person.
The role will include:
- Dealing with customer queries by phone and email
- Escalating customer queries internally when necessary
- Providing system administration, such as adding new users to O365
- Setting up customer devices
- Maintaining admin control documents
- Stripping down devices for recycling
- Upgrading device hardware
- Configuring routers for networks
- Firewall configuration
- Network cabling
- Sourcing hardware/software through distribution channels
- Some knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, and software
- A strong desire to work in IT
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Team player
We specialise in covering all aspects of computer support for businesses, from desktops, laptops, tablets, workstations, phone systems through to servers and everything else in between!
We have been offering the highest standard of IT Support across the East Midlands for the last 14 years and our priority is to provide a friendly, honest, and relaxed approach to IT support. Our small and dedicated team reflects our company outlook towards our work - We are personal, friendly, and honest.
Sunday 12th, December 2021APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP