We have a fantastic opportunity for two Apprentice Test Engineers to join our gas testing team at our Laboratory in Loughborough. Do you like to take things apart to understand how they work and like asking questions? Do you enjoy studying and personal development?
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm. Annual holidays - 20 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays
You will be exposed to a range of knowledge, skills and behaviours to meet the Engineering Technician Standard.
Not only will this demonstrate competency in the role but will complement wider business strategy and enable you to support your long-term career development.
Some of your duties will include:
- Read Test Standards, follow test procedures, set up and conduct tests on appliances and component parts
- Record test results thoroughly and accurately and prepare technical test reports
- Contribute to the whole product safety testing process
- Carry out various safety, performance and destructive tests, analysing and considering the results
- Prepare customer friendly reports and helping to give the BSI stamp of approval
- Other duties in line with Apprenticeship and position
- Adhere to safe systems of working practices
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Understand processes and procedures
- Demonstrate technical/academic competence, but above all, the appropriate behaviours expected of this standard
- High attention to detail
- Passionate and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Be enthusiastic about the engineering industry
- Natural problem solver with a logical approach
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Formed in 1901, BSI was the world’s first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Over a century later it continues to facilitate business improvement across the globe by helping its clients drive performance, reduce risk and grow sustainably through the adoption of international management systems standards, many of which BSI originated. Famed for its marks of excellence including the instantly recognizable Kitemark®, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including aerospace, construction, energy, engineering, finance, healthcare, IT and retail. With over 64,000 clients in 147 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
Friday 30th, July 2021APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP