Are you an enthusiastic individual who is capable of providing excellent customer service and have the dedication to help maintain basic retail standards in store? If so, the Irish Clothing Company Ltd is looking to expand their excellent Loughborough team. Think this is for you? Apply today!
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
The hours that you will be required to work are any 5 days between: Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 5:00pm 182 Hours Annual Leave Per Annum
- Developing a good Product Knowledge of the key brands/products sold in store
- Providing a High Level of Customer Service
- Using the Till System/ Serving at the Till Point
- Taking and Processing Customer Special Orders
- Stock Transfers
- Stock Replenishment
- Checking off, Pricing, Security Tagging and Hanging Stock deliveries
- Merchandising Products in Store and enhancing product displays
- Pricing Promotional Stock
- Picking online orders
- Organising the storage of Spare Stock
- Cleaning the Shop Floor/ Back of House
- Good Numeracy and Literacy Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational Skills
- Effective communication
- Willing to learn
Irish Clothing Company Ltd was first established in 1910 as a clothing retailer selling Irish Linen in the heart of Leicester, hence where the famous name "Irish" derived from. Set up by the Brown family and still run by the brown family today, Irish has become a celebrated and very popular retailer in the East Midlands.
Over the years Irish has sold many different types of clothing and footwear including smart Farah trousers, leather jackets and waistcoats, mod wear, surf lifestyle wear, cowboy boots, skate wear, wellies and army surplus clothing. Irish became one of the go to destinations in the country over the 1960's and 70's for being the first and one of the very few independent stockists of Levis & Wrangler jeans. Customers often recall wearing Levis jeans in the bath after purchase to make them shrink to fit better! Irish was also one of the very first stockists of Dr Martens Shoes and Boots, helping to really establish the footwear brand as a nationwide icon.
At it's peak Irish had 3 stores in Leicester, one in Burton Upon Trent and the store which we still trade from today in Loughborough. Irish now consists of just two high street stores including our Loughborough branch and our Military Basement in Leicester. We have worked extremely hard over the past few years to bring customers a fantastic range of brands and products across both stores and are now pleased to bring the ranges online via our new website irishuk.com.
We welcome all visitors to our high street stores and online channels and are proud to offer helpful, friendly and reliable customer service.
Friday 24th, September 2021APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP