An exciting start to your Engineering Design career awaits you at Blueberry Products! We are in the Play industry. We design and manufacture Sports and Playground Equipment, and we arrange to install them to make complete Play Areas in Schools and for Local Authorities.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Days TBC - 8am to 4.30 pm, 5 days per week 40 hrs 15 Min breakfast break, ½ hour lunch Annual Leave: 28 days including Bank Holidays
Duties to include:
- Create concept designs for Sports and Play equipment
- Prepare detail drawings for those products on CAD (currently SolidWorks)
- Print and cut signs using CNC technology
- Design complete playgrounds and prepare plans for customers to see. (as example)
- Create images using photographs and 3D images (as example)
- Computer literacy is essential
- Experience of CAD software is not essential as full training will be given
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- A general interest in design and engineering
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn a new skill
- Tenacity and resilience
- Commitment, drive and flexibility
- The confidence to communicate effectively at all levels
- A basic interest in the science of play and of challenging play equipment.
Where we came from:
Director Rob Walmsley entered the Fencing Industry by establishing Mercian Fence Hire by way of a Princes’ Trust Business Loan in 1994. Later evolving into Mercian Security Fencing where for 8 years the company installed Fencing, Gates and Amenity Products. Subsequently, a small team of fabricators began the manufacture of steel fencing and gates in a small factory in Tamworth.
Swiftly outgrowing that premises and a few in between, Rob and the team found themselves in a larger factory in Coalville, Leicestershire where production began to increase and the range expanded from solely fencing and gates into a collection of sports and play equipment. Securing subcontract deals for big named play brands, Blueberry firmly landed in the sport and leisure industry.
Where we are now:
Fast forward, to April 2016, Blueberry has moved again to a 14,000 sq ft facility near to Loughborough, Leicestershire. This move has allowed Blueberry to install a state-of-the-art powder coating plant, as well as allowing for extensive metal fabrications facilities meaning we are now able to sustain the largest of customers.
Our extensive background coupled with our desire for using the latest manufacturing technologies means we always provide practical, low cost solutions that look great and have high entertainment value.
Friday 13th, August 2021APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP