Lighthouse (UK) Ltd are offering an exciting IT/Technical Apprenticeship opportunity based at our branch in Loughborough. This is a position which offers genuine career progression within the ever-expanding Lighthouse (UK) Ltd group. There will be extensive on-the-job training provided, coupled with any external training as required.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00 with 45-minutes lunch. 18 days + Christmas Shutdown + Bank Holidays
The job role will entail:
- Machine repair and maintenance for our UK customers, international dealer network and within the business
- Software and systems installations mainly conducted over the phone for our customers
- Testing and preparation of all UK and international dealer machines
- Material testing for our Production Department
- Provide technical support to our UK customers, international dealers and internal staff
- Supporting the development of new systems to improve and expand our product range
- Dealing with customer queries via email and telephone, providing helpful guidance on the best solution for them
- Undertake administration duties using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
Skills that would be advantageous:
- A basic knowledge of networks, security and website design or data base development
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Problem solving techniques
- Flexible and pro-active attitude towards work
- The successful candidate will have experience of organising themselves and workloads to a high standard, with a systematic approach to task management
- Knowledge of standard office IT systems, equipment and processes with aptitude for learning new systems and procedures
- The ability to build productive working relationships is essential
Reliable. Innovative. Trusted.
To our customers we're not just manufacturers or suppliers - we're problem-solving partners. When you buy from Lighthouse UK, you enjoy robust, usable and surprisingly useful products; plus responsive, effective help and support.
Lighthouse UK Ltd (part of Max Co Group) is a manufacturing business with distributors across Europe. Our scale, history and financial strength, make us an extremely stable and reliable partner in your supply chain.
Here at Lighthouse (UK) Ltd, we manufacture to the highest quality and ethical standards. Having achieved both ISO 9001 & 14001 certification, we pay particular attention to the impact of our production processes and products on the environment.
All our consumable products utilise cores and packaging which are both recycled and recyclable. Uniquely in our market, our printing cartridges are refillable, thus reducing waste, disposal issues and cost.
Max Co Ltd is our parent company, with its head office in Tokyo.
Established in 1942, the business manufactures an array of innovative products, from heavy duty construction tools, through to staplers. With a team of 200 staff in the R & D department, many of the products carry patents. Since the first stapler was produced in 1952, Max has sold in excess of 400 million units. They have even introduced the world's first 'paper stapler'... yes, the staples are made of paper!
Monday 31st, January 2022APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP