Are you ready to start your career working with children, and supporting them to thrive in a caring and welcoming environment? Robert Bakewell Primary School are looking for a Learning Support Assistant Apprentice to work alongside a class teacher to support a child in engaging in activities and work towards an Outstanding Early Years practice.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Monday - Friday (term time only), hours TBC
- To work alongside the class teacher to support an individual child engage in a variety of curriculum activities
- To record pupils progress as necessary, following school guidelines To give effective feedback to class teacher on pupil’s work
- To work in partnership with the class teachers to provide a stimulating and rewarding environment that values and displays children’s work - within the classroom and other areas of the school
- To work in partnership with the class teachers on parental liaison i.e. SEN reviews
- To work with groups of children, delivering agreed activities and reporting back on progress
- To be involved in staff inset days relating to the improvement of teaching and learning and whole school development
- To work in partnership with teaching staff to ensure that all pupils work within a safe, structured and secure learning environment
- To foster the continuity, progression and ethos necessary for whole school identity throughout Robert Bakewell
- To follow the school’s safeguarding policy and guidelines at all times
- To maintain confidentiality of information
- In partnership with all staff, actively support children in caring for each other, their work, their classroom and their school
The partnership is important in order for the pupils to recognise and respect the contribution all adults, within our school, make to their learning environment.
- Have an understanding of the context in which schools are operating. An understanding of Health and Safety issues relevant to the post
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Empathy with children and young people
- Ability and willingness to undertake professional development
Our aims and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. Learning is an embedded culture across the whole school, with every member on a lifelong journey. The staff are effectively encouraged and supported to excel, whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. The Robert Bakewell staff team regularly spend time reflecting upon practice and seeking innovative ways to improve further. This is supported at all levels, governors, SLT, MLT, and the wider staff team. Robert Bakewell is distinctive in many ways from other local and national schools. This is shown from the Outstanding Early Years practice that is both creative and engaging, to the expanding welfare team that seeks to support pupils experiencing turbulence and removing barriers to learning on a daily basis. It is recognised that all members of Robert Bakewell are essential in creating a caring and welcoming environment where together we learn, care and achieve.
Monday 6th, December 2021APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP