We need an individual who is motivated, can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and who is prepared to listen and learn. In return we can offer you comprehensive training, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that values excellent patient service.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Monday – Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm.
Duties to include:
- To support the delivery of a high-quality repeat and acute prescription service to patients, carers and others visiting and/or otherwise contacting the department, in particular
- Adhere to current practice standard operating procedures and protocols regarding the processing of prescriptions
- Receive and transfer prescriptions
- Collect repeat prescription requests from the appropriate post points
- Process prescription requests from repeat, secondary care and as per GP request
- Deal with patient enquiries both face to face, via tasks and over the telephone; explain procedures to new patients; ensure all required documentation is completed
- Respond promptly and appropriately to patient needs e.g. queues, confusion, sickness, calling for help as and when required to do so
- Ensure that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and to maintain a temperature control record/logbook
- Dispose of patient returned, unused medicines and sharps bin returns
- Ensure that the department is kept clean to maintain a high level of hygiene and that all equipment is in good working order
- Monitor refrigerator temperature and report any anomalies
- Use the practice clinical system (SystmOne) to process and record information in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with practice policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and problem-solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in own working area and others
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The successful candidate will be dealing with confidential information and must understand the need for discretion at all times
Welcome to the Latham House Medical Practice.
Latham House Medical Practice has been serving the market town of Melton Mowbray and the surrounding area for 89 years and our aim is to offer high quality General Practice services and involve patients' in decisions and choice in their care.
We provide as many services as possible to our patients from a wide range of clinicians at our premises. We are proud to be unique and are able to offer patients some surgical procedures at our Practice including vasectomies, dermatology, ENT and Musculoskeletal services. We encourage our clinicians to have specialist areas of interest and we still believe the best services we can offer to patients is by doctors holding registered lists so that patients can forge long-lasting relationships with the doctor of their choice.
Friday 13th, August 2021APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP