Oxley Primary School is seeking a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to provide support to pupils and staff on a 121 and group basis. The post will include a number of different roles and responsibilities that will help the students at the school make progress, achieve well and enjoy learning throughout their school career.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Possible Start Date:
Days: Monday - Friday. Times: 8:30am – 3:30pm. Will need to support at lunchtimes provision. Breaks: ½ hour lunch. Annual holidays: 13 weeks per year.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide agreed support to the teacher in the delivery of planned whole class learning activities
- To work under the direct supervision of a teacher to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils, providing feedback on their engagement in activities and their achievement of the desired learning objectives
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teacher’s lesson plans
- To observe and feed back to the teacher on pupil performance and behaviour, taking action as appropriate in line with relevant school policies
- To support the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils, including contributing ideas and suggestions to support planning, to meet their development needs
- To interact with and respond positively to children, young people and adults
- To develop positive relationships with colleagues, providing consistent and effective support and working constructively as a member of the school staff team
- To support pupils to improve their numeracy and literacy skills through focused learning activities and more generally across the curriculum
- To prepare and utilise ICT resources to support pupils learning
- To prepare and support the use of learning materials and create visual displays, in accordance with the requirements of the teacher, in order to facilitate a relevant physical learning environment
- To provide care and encouragement to children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs, supporting them to participate in activities and liaising, if required, with parents/carers/other professionals as appropriate
- To contribute to the provision of support for bilingual/multilingual pupils if required.
- To invigilate or provide authorised SEN support for internal and external tests and examinations under formal conditions
- To encourage participation in structured and unstructured learning activities, including play (timetabled and during breaks if required). (Primary and Special schools)
- To support, as appropriate, in instances where pupils are unwell whilst at the School.*
- To provide toileting support to pupils as necessary. **
Other duties the School may wish to include, not affecting the grade of the post:
- To participate in educational visits and off-site activities, supervising small groups as required by the teacher/organiser and ensuring pupil’s health, safety and well-being
- To undertake midday supervision duties
*First aid should only be provided by staff who hold appropriate first-aid qualifications. However, any member of staff may be required to provide general support to a child who is unwell or receiving first aid treatment.
**These duties only to be undertaken after appropriate risk assessment and training have been provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds
- Adaptable, can you think on the go?
- Good people skills
- A good team player
- Willing to learn
Oxley Primary School is a very successful primary school, located in Shepshed. At Oxley, we offer a bright, fun, engaging learning environment where children can excel. Our children enjoy coming to school. They like being part of a welcoming community school with a strong team ethic, a place where everyone is happy to get “stuck in” and help each other. Our ethos of ‘Be Kind, Be Brilliant, Have an I can attitude’, drive the whole school to make the most of each and every day.
We can offer a very supportive leadership team, who value the work-life balance of staff, and a wonderful group of colleagues to work alongside in a truly team environment. We provide excellent coaching and mentoring, alongside CPD opportunities, to enable you to your career.
Friday 6th, August 2021APPLY FOR THIS APPRENTICESHIP