Advertising accounts managers and creative directors plan, design, organise and direct the advertising activities of an organisation.
Current Entry Requirements
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations. There are no pre-set entry standards, but in practice most directors hold a degree. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed, defines target group and assesses the suitability of various media.
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way.
- Reviews and revises campaign in light of sales figures, surveys, etc.
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates.
- Arranges conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
related to this Career
- Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Creative Arts and Media SectorsFTLevel 11 Year
- BTEC Level 3 in Film and TVFTLevel 32 Years
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in BusinessFTLevel 3Array
- Subject AreaBusiness
- Subject AreaCreative Arts
- Subject AreaFoundation Learning
- Subject AreaIT and Media Production
- Subject AreaMusic
- Subject AreaPerforming Arts
- Subject AreaVocational