Care escorts accompany and transport adults and children with disability between their places of residence and other destinations and act as chaperones for under 16s engaged in theatrical, television and film productions.
Current Entry Requirements
There are no formal qualifications, other than a clean driving licence with the appropriate classification for those who are driving in addition to escorting. CRB checks are mandatory for those working with vulnerable adults and/or children.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Transports clients safely and securely between approved destinations.
- Supports and secures chair bound clients.
- Organises toilet and meal stops, as appropriate.
- Supervises contact between parents and separated children.
- Communicates with colleagues and maintains accurate records.
- Supervises and accompanies children who are taking part in a theatrical, television or film production.