Jobholders in this unit group provide accounting and auditing services, advise clients on financial matters, collect and analyse financial information and perform other accounting duties required by management for the planning and control of an establishment’s income and expenditure.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification. To qualify as an accountant, entrants must undertake a period of training within an approved organisation and successfully complete professional examinations. Exemptions to some professional examinations are available to those with appropriate academic qualifications.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Plans and oversees implementation of accountancy system and policies.
- Prepares financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies.
- Audits accounts and book-keeping records.
- Prepares tax returns, advises on tax problems and contests disputed claim before tax official.
- Conducts financial investigations concerning insolvency, fraud, possible mergers, etc.
- Evaluates financial information for management purposes.
- Liaises with management and other professionals to compile budgets and other costs.
- Prepares periodic accounts, budgetary reviews and financial forecasts.
- Conducts investigations and advises management on financial aspects of productivity, stock holding, sales, new products, etc.
related to this Career
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Accounting (AAT)FTLevel 318 - 24 Months
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 21 Year
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 31 Year
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Association of Accounting TechniciansPTLevel 41 Year
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in BusinessFTLevel 3Array
- CIMA Level 5 Diploma in Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (Operational Level)PTLevel 51 Year
- Subject AreaAccounting
- Subject AreaApprenticeships
- Subject AreaBusiness
- Subject AreaVocational