Collector salespersons and credit agents visit private households to obtain orders and collect payments for goods and services.
Current Entry Requirements
No academic qualifications are required. Training is provided on-the-job and may be supplemented by specialist short courses provided by employers.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Calls on household, explains purpose of call and displays or describes goods/services on offer.
- Emphasises main selling point of goods/services to stimulate customer interest.
- Quotes prices and terms, collects any payments and completes hire purchase or credit arrangements.
- Distributes advertising literature and sample goods.
- Makes follow-up calls to obtain further orders.
related to this Career