Job holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
Current Entry Requirements
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities.
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client.
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff.
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event.
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
related to this Career
- Foundation Degree in Events ManagementFTLevel 52 Years
- Foundation Degree in Hospitality ManagementFTLevel 52 Years
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) in Foundation Certificate in MarketingPTLevel 31 Year
- Chartered Institute of Marketing CIM in Professional Diploma in MarketingPTLevel 61 Year
- Subject AreaBusiness
- Subject AreaHigher Education
- Subject AreaHospitality and Catering
- Subject AreaLeadership and Management
- Subject AreaLeisure and Tourism
- Subject AreaMarketing
- Subject AreaVocational