Workers in this unit group perform a variety of professional engineering functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 212: Engineering Professionals.
Current Entry Requirements
Chartered engineers possess an accredited university degree. After qualifying, periods of appropriate training and experience are required before membership of a chartered engineering institution is attainable. Incorporated engineers possess an accredited university degree, BTEC/SQA award or an apprenticeship leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 4. All routes are followed by periods of appropriate training and relevant experience.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Researches into problem areas to advance basic knowledge, evaluate new theories and techniques and to solve specific problems.
- Establishes principles and techniques to improve the quality, durability and performance of materials such as textiles, glass, rubber, plastics, ceramics, metals and alloys.
- Designs new systems and equipment with regard to cost, market requirements and feasibility of manufacture.
- Devises and implements control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of system and materials.
- Prepare sketches, drawings and specifications showing materials to be used, construction and finishing methods and other details.
- Examines and advises on patent applications.
- Provides technical consultancy services.
related to this Career
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in EngineeringFTLevel 32 Years
- Enhanced A Level Programme in Space EngineeringFTPTLevel 32 Years
- Level 1 in Technology StudiesFTLevel 11 Year
- Subject AreaVocational
- Subject AreaEngineering
- Subject AreaA Levels
- Subject AreaScience
- Subject AreaElectrical Installation
- Subject AreaFoundation Learning