Housekeepers and related workers perform domestic cleaning and other housekeeping tasks within private households, hotels, schools, hostels and other non-private households.
Current Entry Requirements
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or an equivalent qualification. NVQs/SVQs and other vocational qualifications in hospitality and catering at levels 2 and 3 are available.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Controls the purchase and storing of food, cleaning materials, linen and other household supplies.
- Maintains household records.
- Performs a variety of domestic tasks including food preparation and service, cleaning and laundry.
- Assists employer in washing, dressing, packing and other personal activities.
related to this Career
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Hospitality and CateringFTLevel 318 - 24 Months
- BA (Hons) in Hospitality ManagementFTLevel 61 Year
- Subject AreaApprenticeships
- Subject AreaBusiness
- Subject AreaHigher Education
- Subject AreaHospitality and Catering
- Subject AreaLeadership and Management
- Subject AreaLeisure and Tourism
- Subject AreaVocational