IT specialist managers plan, organise, manage and coordinate the provision of specialist IT services and functions in an organisation.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Plans, coordinates and manages the organisation.
- Liaises with users, senior staff and internal/external clients to clarify IT requirements and development needs.
- Takes responsibility for managing the development of a specialist aspect of IT provision such as user support, network operations, service delivery or quality control.
- Supervises the technical team and coordinates training.
- Plans and monitors work and maintenance schedules to ensure agreed service levels are achieved.
- Reports on IT activities to senior management.
related to this Career