Leisure and sports managers organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources required for the provision of sporting, artistic, theatrical and other recreational and amenity services.
Current Entry Requirements
Both graduate and non-graduate entry is possible. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 3 and 4. Professional qualifications may also be required for some posts.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Organises timetable of activities/schedule of programmes.
- Ensures that facilities are kept clean and in good condition and that appropriate health and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in recreational activities and arranges exhibitions, theatrical productions, concerts, demonstrations etc.
- Advises on the facilities available and promotes publicity in relation to shows, games, races, new theme parks, etc.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Recruits, supervises and trains staff.
- Ensures custody of all cash receipts and organises regular stock checks.