Marketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
Current Entry Requirements
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold.
- Discusses employer or client requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customer reactions to products.
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities.
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff.
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.