Merchandisers and window dressers replenish stocks of goods in stores, advise retailers on the optimum display of merchandise and create displays of merchandise in shop windows.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants typically possess a professional qualification from the British Design Society, or an approved vocational qualification. Candidates usually require GCSEs/S grades. Degrees and apprenticeships are available, as well as NVQs/SVQs in Visual Merchandising at Levels 1 and 2.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Monitors stock movements, considers customer requirements and assists customers in completing orders.
- Supplies information about the product to the retailer and sales staff and deals with customer enquiries.
- Consults with advertising and sales staff and advises retailers on the optimal display of a product and of any promotions.
- Implements plans from display designers or display managers or develops ideas and plans for merchandise display or window dressing.
- Prepares area for new display, constructs or assembles displays from a variety of materials, and dismantles existing displays and returns merchandise to relevant departments.
- Provides feedback about displays to senior managers.
related to this Career