Nursing auxiliaries and assistants assist doctors, nurses and other health professionals in caring for the sick and injured within hospitals, homes, clinics and the wider community.
Current Entry Requirements
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/ SVQs in Care are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Performs basic clinical tasks such as taking patient's temperature and pulse, weighing and measuring, performing urine tests and extracting blood sampled.
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment.
- Distributes and serves food, assists patients in feeding and prepares snacks and hot drinks.
- Assists patients in washing, dressing, toiletry activities and general mobility.
- Changes bed linen, makes beds and tidies wards.
related to this Career