Playworkers deliver and facilitate play opportunities for children in a range of formal and informal settings including play groups, play schemes, free play locations, and in pre- and after-school activities.
Current Entry Requirements
Entry may not depend upon academic qualifications, although some employers will expect candidates to possess or be working towards a relevant qualification. NVQs/SVQs in Child Care and Education are available at Levels 2 and 3. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Supervises children's games and encourages the development of physical, social and language skills.
- Provides play areas and prepares materials for a wide range of children's activities.
- Encourages children's independence, self-confidence and social interaction.
- Organises and supervises children on excursions.
- Organises and supervises children's activities in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, deals accordingly with injuries and emergencies.
- Puts away equipment and cleans premises after use.
- Liaises with parents, carers and colleagues and keeps appropriate records.