Quality assurance technicians perform a variety of technical inspections and testing and monitoring tasks to detect processing, manufacturing and other defects.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants normally possess GCSEs/S grades, a BTEC/ SQA award or A levels/H grades. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by training courses where instruction in specific techniques is required. Various industry-specific NVQs/SVQs encompass aspects of quality control.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Sets up scientific, electronic, or other technical equipment to perform functional and inspection tests.
- Analyses and interprets the results of tests undertaken and writes up reports upon completion.
- Supervises the work of routine inspection staff and notes any defects reported.
- Assists quality control engineers in undertaking production audits.
- Liaises with production engineers and staff to maintain the quality of output and to develop quality management systems.